If you’ve been driving around in Vancouver B.C. , you might have seen some billboards or signs advertising companies that buy houses. Or you may have come across an add or site online (such as this one for example) advertising such services.
Often times they say things like “We Buy Vancouver B.C. Houses!” or “Cash For Your House”.
Are these “we buy houses in Vancouver B.C. companies” credible?
How is one supposed to know if the local house buying companies out there are honest and credible?
Sometimes they all look the same at the start, but below we’ll walk you through a few things to look for in a local house buying company before you consider working with them.
Buying and selling houses is a valid and respectable profession that can help communities and house sellers in many ways. But just like many other industries – a minority of bad house buyers in any market can be the ones who make the rest of us look bad.
There are people who are really great, ethical folks who improve their neighbourhoods one property at a time; and then there’s shady, dishonest people who put money ahead of the well being of their clients and who might resort to dishonest or underhanded tactics as long as they were making enough money.
These dishonest practitioners are a minority, but unfortunately they’re out there.
We’ll help you avoid these “shady house buyers” so you can work with honest, ethical, and reputable local companies who can can make you a fair offer for your house and help you solve whatever unfortunate situation you might be in..
But rather than focus on the negative, let’s cover exactly what the best house-flippers are doing.
What Reputable Vancouver B.C. House Buyers Are Doing
- Helping people improve their lives by accessing the money they need right away. People often need the cash in their house to cover unexpected expenses, or to relocate to be close to a relative, or start a new job. We can make that happen in just a few days, and we deliver peace of mind.
- Helping sellers get rid of a burdensome property without the hassle of having to list it with an agent on the MLS, deal with the inconvenience of showings and possibly having to wait months for a sale.
- Creating local jobs. We hire plumbers, contractors, electricians, brokers, title reps, loan officers, and many other professional along the way. The average real estate transaction can involve many people from start to finish. Our investments help create real jobs for people around Vancouver B.C. British Columbia.
- Buying local products. We spend tons of money on materials that are made right here in the Canada which creates jobs in our timber mills, factories, supply shops, distribution centres and more. The local economy depends on steady growth and improvement, and that requires investment from folks like us.
- Increasing the value of Vancouver B.C. neighbourhoods. When we improve a house, we’re helping to increase the value of the surrounding community. We often repair vacant and neglected houses, converting them into beautiful homes for families. This activity strengthens Vancouver B.C. Pretty cool stuff, right?
Many people think of house-flipping as a get-rich-quick scheme. That view is fueled by silly “reality” shows that amp up the drama, the reality of what we do on a daily basis is actually pretty boring. Most of our work is coordinating with lots of people to make sure things are happening on time. We have to keep track of lots of moving parts.
So let’s get back to how you can use this information to find out if someone is a credible investor, and not trying to pull a house buying scam.
How To Ensure You’re Working With A Reputable Local House Buyer Or Investor
When you talk with a local house buyer to potentially buy your house ask them some of the questions below so you can get a good idea that they’re reputable, knowledgeable, and are going to make you a fair offer.
Ask open-ended questions like:
- How do you help the people that you work with?
- What kind of problems are you able to solve?
- Can you tell me more about your services?
- What aspect of your business do you take pride in?
- How would you describe your real estate investment philosophy?
- How can I know that you’ll be able to close on your offer when you say you will?
Second, look for tell tale signs of tactics that a small number of shady operators tend to use.
- “Kitchen table closings” – If a property buyer or investor tries to get you to sign the title (ownership) of your house over to them at your house, rather than a professional place like a closing attorney or title company be cautious. Most reputable house buying services will perform the actual closing of the sale at a neutral 3rd party place such as a title company. This ensures everything is done legally and correctly.
- Pressuring you into a fast closing – If a house buyer tries to pressure you into selling your house and says that you have to make the decision today, again be cautious. Most reputable house buying services will make you and offer and give you at least 2-7 days (minimum) for you to make your decision. The reason reputable house buying services like ours at Lifemark Properties place deadlines on our offers is because the market changes and values can change week to week depending on other sales in the area. Also we sometimes buy multiple houses a month and when we make you an offer we’re assuring you that any cash we offer is ready and in reserve so we can close on your schedule. A lot of work goes into putting a deal together so we need to be organized. If you feel the offer isn’t a fit for you, then we’ll assign those resources to help another homeowner.
Most dishonest operators are looking for a quick score, and not an in-depth interview and process. There is a good chance that they’ll find an excuse to get off the phone and move on to someone who isn’t asking too many questions.
True investors who run honest and ethical Vancouver B.C. house buying services, however, are making a real effort to build long-term businesses based on quality relationships and community development.
So when you’re looking at one of the “we buy houses in Vancouver B.C. companies“… never be afraid to ask questions!
Give us a call anytime at (604) 961-6765 or
fill out the form on this website today! >>